top of page
Do Abusers Show Warning Signs?
There is no way to spot an abuser in a crowd, but most abusers share some common characteristics.
Some of the subtle warning signs include:
- They insist on moving too quickly into a relationship.
- They can be very charming and may seem too good to be true.
- They insist that you stop participating in leisure activities or spending time with family and friends.
- They are extremely jealous or controlling.
- They do not take responsibility for their actions and blame others for everything that goes wrong.
- They criticize their partner’s appearance and make frequent put-downs.
- Their words and actions don’t match.
- Any one of these behaviors may not indicate abusive actions, but it’s important to know the red flags and take time to explore them.
bottom of page